How to Attract, Grow and Maintain your Great Team
Program Overview: With little or no HR training in dental school, the new dentist can be forgiven for usually being legally noncompliant in HR law and not up to speed in good staff management. Every practicing dentist must be up to speed with HR legalities and the necessary skills to communicate with and manage their staff. Jenny is passionate about helping dentists get a handle on these two key management area of their practice. Staff can build or sabotage a practice’s future. Hiring and managing staff for four decades, Jenny has learnt ‘in the trenches. Learn from her personal experience to ensure you and the practice are protected.
Promised Outcomes: A detailed Blue Print provides structure, systems and legal needs to hire and grow the dental team. Special emphasis placed on communication skills dentists need to reduce doctor/staff misunderstandings, confusion, surprises and legal vulnerability. To protect the Program’s integrity, attendance is limited to dentists and spouse/partner. The Program is not open to staff.
Review: “Your program was extremely popular. I’m still getting calls from society members who appreciated your expertise in the area of employment law. They also applauded the fact that you shared your first-hand experience with them. Perhaps we can do another longer seminar on this same subject. Thanks again for a well-thought-out, beautifully-delivered practice management course.” – Valjean Xaiz, Executive Secretary, Fresno Madera Dental Society
Hire for Retention
Hiring quality staff is the best ROI a business owner makes in their business.
1. Your hiring material to convey qualities/talents you need while exciting applicants to call your office first
2. Effective pre-screening techniques allows you to pre-qualify applicants – focus on your needs, use time wisely
3. Utilize effective/legal interview format so you learn more about the applicants-importance of 2nd interview
4. What role, if any, do staff (or family member) play in your hiring process? Know the pros & cons
5. Personalized Staff Manual offers practice legal protection, eliminates misunderstandings
6. Checking references is essential. Secret is knowing the guidelines to follow
Avoid Payroll Pitfalls
The law is unforgiving in this area-be aware of Owners obligations.
1. Overtime and Comp Pay
2. Salary vs. Wages – pros and cons
3. CE courses/travel issues
4. Attendance Records
5. Payroll – best systems and best date to process
6. Breaks and lunch rules
Manage for Harmony
85% of Americans are not excited about their job – make your practice different!
1. Staff meetings: Regular & productive meetings are foundation of building & maintaining team morale
2. Change is stressful: perfectionism adds another lair of stress. Tips to help make change effective & fun
3. Performance Reviews: improves morale & productivity, reduces turnover. Most overlooked management tool
4. Job Responsibilities: #1 tool in hiring & maintaining the dream team-ensures Doctor legally in compliance
Address Staff Issues Promptly!
Staff issues, when ignored, get bigger & more expensive! Jenny addresses the less pleasant aspects of HR management: a wide range of subjects are covered, including:
• Theft • Termination • Poor Attitude • Drugs • Embezzlement • Attitudes
• Employees Who Quit • Sexual Harrassment
• Hiring Staff’s Friends & Family
“Very informative speaker on HR issues…an enjoyable lecture.” – Aviva Mapaankar, DDS, Santa Clara County Dental Society Program, February 2019
“Thanks for all the payroll and HR legal advice. It has been very frustrating, being in practice for all these years, without any guidance as to the legalities involved of being a personnel manager. I feel much better prepared now. I wish I had had this course before being audited, and subsequently fined, for not paying my staff within the law. Course was well worth my time!” – Doctor from University of Washington, Seattle, WA